NATIONAL CADET CORPS (NCC)
St.Claret PU College is under 39 Karnataka Battalion NCC
The National Cadet Corps (India) ) was formed under NCC Act of 1948 and is open to school and college students on voluntary basis. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The motto of NCC is “Unity and Discipline”
- To develop qualities of Character, Courage, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure and the ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.
- To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, to Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be always available for the Service of the Nation
- To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
Senior Division and Senior Wing: Cadets recruited from colleges fall under Senior Division and are under the command of Associated NCC Officer (ANO)
- B-Certificate is the initial recognition of training and qualification of a Senior NCC cadet
Focus is on instilling discipline in the souls of the cadets, besides fostering healthy competition for the ranks, while keeping the greater interest of the nation in mind to create prospective officers for the Armed Forces. The National Cadet Corps is the only organization of its kind, which imparts Leadership, Discipline, Integration, Adventure, Military, Physical and Community Development training to over 13 lakhs youth of the country.
TYPES OF CAMPS
At CGC Landran after joining the NCC you can get the golden chances to participate in the following camps like
- Republic Day Camp (RDC)
- Basic Leadership Camp(BLC)
- Army Attachment Camp(AAC)
- Annual Training Camps (ATC)
- Thal Sainik Camp (TSC)
- Advance Leadership Camps (ALC)
- National Integration Camps (NIC)
- Rock Climbing Camps (RCC)
- All India Trekking Camps,
- Special National Integration camps (SNIC)
BENEFITS OF NCC
Various Incentives are provided by the central Government to Cadets with NCC ‘B’ & ‘C’ certificate holders for recruitment in the ranks in the Defense Forces. NCC Special Entry Scheme for SD Wings graduates in OTA in group 19-25 years with 50% marks, through DDG of states for direct interview (SSB) every year. The Cadets are exempted from CDS examination conducted by UPSC.